Before You Begin
SpeakerTimerPro is a fullscreen customizable speaker timer application with flexible font and background color options which can be changed at user-defined times during a countdown. The timer can count up or down and our unique Time Warp feature allows a subtle increase in the speed of the counter to help get a show back on time.
General Hardware Setup
Connecting a SpeakerTimerPro system is simple. By using modern Apple video adapters or third party converters, SpeakerTimerPro easily connects with high-resolution monitors, video projectors, LED video walls, professional switchers and converters.
SpeakerTimerPro is not compatible with video output devices such as the AJA T-TAP or Blackmagic UltraStudio devices. Please visit our FAQ for current information.
You will need a license for any DT Videolabs application. We offer USB (Collection only) and Internet Activated (IA) licenses. Follow the steps on page 4 to activate your license.
Demo Mode - If you need to evaluate SpeakerTimerPro, the USB version can be used in Demo mode. It is fully functional but the timer will randomly stop and produce a message stating that the application is running in demo mode. When the SpeakerTimerPro app is launched and the system does not detect a USB dongle, a dialog box will a appear with options, select “Run as Demo”.
Each version of macOS has specific settings which have a great impact on playback performance. Before you begin, please visit PreFlight. This page also includes a link to a printable PDF if needed.
SpeakerTimerPro requires a Dual Core processor, 3+ GB Ram and macOS 10.6 or greater.
For the most current system specifications visit the SpeakerTimerPro Page
Also From DT Videolabs
Using an Internet Activated (IA) Serial Number
SpeakerTimerPro can be activated using a serial code for either SpeakerTImerPro IA or the PlaybackPro IA Collection.
- Download the SpeakerTimerPro IA application from the link provided in your purchase email or from the Internet Activated (IA) table Downloads
- Place the unzipped program file into the Applications folder then double click to launch.
- A delay of up to 10 seconds can occur when launching the application. This is normal behavior as the application checks the license.
- In the dialog box click the “Activate” button under the name of the application to be activated
- Enter the serial number provided at the time of purchase, including the dashes. A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits, separated by dashes. For example, xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx. Enter your personal registration information in the remaining fields and click “Activate Now”. It is important that you enter something in each of the fields.
- Internet access is required to activate or release a license, however it is not necessary for program use once a license is activated
- Registration information can be unique each time an application is activated
- Licenses are single seat and allow for the use of one application at a time, on one computer at a time
- License may be released from one computer and moved to another using the release process outlined below and at www.dtvideolabs.com/activation
To Release an Internet Activated Serial Number
- Connect the computer to the internet
- Launch SpeakerTimerPro
- Go to the SpeakerTimerPro menu (to the left of the File Menu), select “Manage Activations”
- Store the serial number. A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits with dashes in-between.
- Click on “Release License”. The system will report when the license has been successfully released and available to activate on another system.
***IMPORTANT*** License information will be retained on your system after you release a license. Users of previous versions will notice the addition of the “Clear Info” button which removes previous license info from your system and can aid in troubleshooting. If you have trouble activating a license, clear the info and try activating again. If you use the “Clear Info” button, it is important for you to retain a copy of your license number so you can reactivate.
New USB Installation Collection Instructions
- Insert the USB Enabler key into the system
- If you haven’t already, go to Downloads to download the Collection
- Place the unzipped program files into the Applications folder then double click an application to launch
- If running an application on a system for the first time, a window will open after you attempt to create or open a show. Select “Install Key Driver” and follow the on-screen instructions
SpeakerTimerPro is designed to use a primary screen for the interface and a secondary output for fullscreen timer display. Displays can be reordered under the Displays section of System Preferences.
- Timer Duration Window and Digit adjustments
- Set, Clear, Count Up and Count Down
- Sum settings
- Time warp
Timer Duration Window - The Timer Duration is shown in the top window of the interface. The values can be set and adjusted manually by using the + and - buttons under each digit. The Timer Duration can also be populated instantly by pressing either of the Set buttons. Preset values for the Set buttons are entered in the fields to the right of the mid-screen Set button. This functionality allows a Timer Duration to be set instantly and quick adjustments made using the + and - buttons.
Digit adjustments - Clicking on the + or - symbol will adjust the Timer Duration values.
Set buttons - Either of the Set buttons will change the Timer Duration to the preset values in the Hours / Minutes / Seconds fields found to the right of the mid-screen Set button.
Count Up - Starts the current Timer Duration value counting up. The timer can be paused and restarted by toggling the Count Up button.
Count Down - Starts the current Timer Duration value counting down. The timer can be paused and restarted by toggling the Count Down button.
Clear - Creates a zero value for all the Timer Duration digits. The values can be reset to the preset Timer Duration by pressing either of the Set buttons.
The Sum values change the display colors at specific times when you are counting down. Sum 1 will change the text and background colors when the time reaches the values in the Sum 1 boxes. The colors will change again to the values in the Sum 2 boxes when their time has been reached. Either or both can be turned off by clicking the checkbox to the right and can be toggled while the timer is active. Colors can also be changed while the timer is active.
Zero - Changes the text and background color of the timer when it reaches zero. This setting can be turned off by clicking the checkbox to the right.
Time Warp - Adjusts the speed of the timer. This allows you to make small adjustments to the speed of the timer to get a presenter back to within the desired timeframe. The presenter does not see these adjustments.
Float - Creates a floating, moveable Time Duration window
Transparency - Adjusts the opacity of the floating Time Duration window
Output to secondary monitor - Allows you to toggle output to a secondary display.
Counter display options - Select an option to display the number of timer digits. “Auto” will automatically adjust the timer digit display size to match the minimum number of digits required to show the time. For example, if the count down goes from 01:00:00 to 00:59:59, the display will drop the leading zeros, displaying only 59:59 and the text size will increase to fill the entire screen.
- Connect your Mac to a secondary display
- Open SpeakerTimerPro
- Decide if you need the timer to count up or count down
- Timer Duration and colors can be set using the values to the right of the Set button. These values will be used when you press either of the Set buttons.
- Use the Sum 1, Sum 2 and Zero check boxes to trigger text and background color changes at specific times when the timer is counting down. These values do not have any affect when counting up.
- Counter display options - Select an option for the number of timer digits. “Auto” will automatically adjust the display to match the minimum number of digits required to display the remaining time. For example, if the count goes from 01:00:00 to 00:59:59, the display will drop the leading zeros, displaying only 59:59 and the text size will increase to fill the entire screen.
- A unique feature of SpeakerTimerPro is the Time Warp slider. This option will subtly increase the speed of the timer. This can be helpful in a live event where the amount of time a speaker has been given changes due to an unforeseen circumstance and the timer has already started. Increasing the speed of the timer count will generally not be noticeable to the speaker but their timer will end on zero sooner than if in real time.