You will need a license for any DT Videolabs application. We offer USB and Internet Activated licenses. The tabs below will guide you through activating and releasing.
Activating an Internet Activated license
DT Videolabs’ applications can be activated using a serial code from either the individual application or the PlaybackPro Collection.
- Download the app from the link provided in your purchase email or from the Internet Activated (IA) table on the DOWNLOADS page.
- Place the unzipped program file into the Applications folder then double click to launch.
A delay of up to 10 seconds can occur when launching the application. This is normal behavior as the application checks the license.
- In the dialog box click the “Activate” button under the name of the application to be activated
- Enter the serial number provided at the time of purchase, including the dashes. A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits, separated by dashes. For example, xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx. Enter your personal registration information in the remaining fields and click “Activate Now”. It is important that you enter something in each of the fields.
PlaybackPro offers a third activation option. It can be activated using a code from PlaybackPro, PlaybackPro Plus or the Collection.
- Internet access is required to activate or release a license, however it is not necessary for program use once a license is activated
- Registration information can be unique each time an application is activated
- Licenses are single seat and allow for the use of one application at a time, on one computer at a time
License may be released from one computer and moved to another using the release process outlined below and at www.dtmedialabs.com/activation
- When launched the application may produce a message stating the application is from an unknown developer. To permanently bypass this message, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and look for the “Open Anyway” button. You will need to have admin privileges and will only have to do this once per application.
To Release an Internet Activated Serial Number
- Connect the computer to the internet
- Launch PlaybackPro Plus
- Go to the Application menu (to the left of the File Menu, PlaybackPro Plus shown below for reference), select “Manage Activations”
- Store the serial number. A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits with dashes in-between.
- Click on “Release License”. The system will report when the license has been successfully released and available to activate on another system.
***IMPORTANT*** License information will be retained on your system after you release a license. Users of previous versions will notice the addition of the “Clear Info” button which removes previous license info from your system and can aid in troubleshooting. If you have trouble activating a license, clear the info and try activating again. If you use the “Clear Info” button, it is important for you to retain a copy of your license number so you can reactivate.
New USB Installation Collection Instructions
- Insert the USB Enabler key into the system
- If you haven’t already, go to Downloads to download the Collection
- Place the unzipped program files into the Applications folder then double click an application to launch
- If running an application on a system for the first time, a window will open after you attempt to create or open a show. Select “Install Key Driver” and follow the on-screen instructions
- There is no need to release a USB license. After you have installed the Key Driver as described in step 4, the program will automatically recognize the USB dongle. If you run without a dongle plugged in, the program will run in Demo Mode.
- When launched the application may produce a message stating the application is from an unknown developer. To bypass this message, right click on the application and select “Open”. Or, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General and look for the “Open Anyway” button. You will need to have admin privileges and will only have to do this once per application.
Upgrading a license
A license must be released before it can be upgraded.
- To release your license, follow the steps under the “Internet Activation Release” tab on this page.
- If you have any problem releasing a license, you can view your activation information using the steps HERE.
- If you need help resetting a license or with any aspect of the upgrade process, use the CONTACT page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.