PlaybackPro Plus X 4.0.5 is now available.
- Fixed a problem where playback could start a few frames off from the clip’s in-point.
- Added control to disable audio meters to eliminate possible performance degradation on some systems.
- General performance and UI improvements.
Download Internet Activated (IA) Version
PlaybackPro Plus X and all prior Playback Pro Plus versions use the same license code.
Upgrading from earlier versions of PlaybackPro Plus X
- In Finder, search for “PlaybackPro Plus”
- Delete any “PlaybackPro Plus” files with type Application
- Empty your trash
- Download using the link below
- The new version will recognize your current activation
Upgrading from PlaybackPro Plus version 3.8.x or earlier:
To modernize your Internet Activated PlaybackPro Plus X we strongly recommend you go through the following steps. This will help with licensing problems and allow you to remotely view and manage your licenses. You can read more about License Management HERE.
- Open your existing install of PlaybackPro Plus
- Go to the Application menu (to the left of the File Menu), select “Manage Licenses”
- Store the serial number (you can copy it from the Activation panel.) A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits with dashes in-between.
- Click on “Release License”. The system will report when the license has been successfully released and available to activate on another system.
- Important – Select Clear Info
- Download PlaybackPro Plus X from the link below
- Launch PlaybackPro Plus X IA and activate it
- After the PlaybackPro Plus is running properly, delete any previous beta versions and empty your trash
Download USB Enabler Key Version
- Attach your USB Enabler key to the computer.
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X.
- Select “New Show” from the Application Control window.
- **IMPORTANT** Reinstall the USB Enabler key driver. The USB Enabler key may not be recognized by the application and a dialog box will appear providing 3 options, “Run As Demo”, “Key Inserted” and “Install Key Driver.” Select the third option, “Install Key Driver,” and complete the driver installation process.
- When the driver is installed the USB Enabler key will be recognized by PlaybackPro Plus and it will no longer be in Demo mode.
What’s New in Version 4.0.4:
- Fixed a problem where some clips with only a mono audio track would crash PlaybackPro Plus X.
What’s New in Version 4.0.3:
- Audio Meters included
- Fixed problem where show files aren’t selectable in File/Open
- General stability improvements
What’s New in Version 4.0.2:
- Fixed a problem where upgrades to newer versions of macOS would deactivate Internet Activated Licenses
- The USB version has only been updated to keep the version numbers the same. There is no benefit to upgrading to version 4.0.2 if you are already on version 4.0.1.
- macOS Ventura compatible
What’s New in Version 4.0.1:
- Fixed audio muting or slipping in certain video files
- Fixed problem where interface controls were available when they shouldn’t be
- Minor interface and stability fixes
- macOS Ventura compatible
- MacOS Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey/Ventura/Sonoma compatibility
- More efficient 64bit code base
- Modernized User Interface
- Faster clip and playlist load times
- Support for h.265/HEVC codec
- Better support for .mp4 container files
- Dark mode support
- “Save As” not currently functional (Workaround: Save show file, duplicate in Finder and rename)
Download Demo and License-Free Testing Mode
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X
- Click the “New Show” button
- When a dialog box appears click on “Run as Demo”
- The application is fully functional but will have a watermark on the fullscreen output
- Hardware: A modern multi-core Intel or Apple Silicone Mac
- MacOS: Catalina (10.15.7) or greater
- File Codec: h.265/HEVC, h.264, AppleProRes 422
- File Container: .mov or .mp4
- Attach an external monitor
- If using a desktop system, use two monitors (one for the interface, one for the fullscreen output). If a second output isn’t available, the Program section of PlaybackPro Plus X shows what would be displayed on the output.