Thank you for your interest in downloading the PlaybackPro Plus X beta 3 version. Below are important instructions for using the beta 3 version with existing licenses. If you do not have a license or you would like to test on a system without a license please follow the instructions for the “Demo mode.”
What’s New in Beta 3
- Remote license resets for PlaybackPro Plus X and 3.8.0 (Steps and Video)
- MacOS Dark Mode support
- Now a Universal App for Intel and M1/Apple Silicon compatibility
- Locate File (FIXED)
- Goto Out in Preview (FIXED)
- Playlist Column reorder and resize (FIXED)
- IA license problem after 6 offline launches (FIXED)
- “Setup” button now reports the current output resolution
- DT18 Multi-system controller support
- Improved TCP/IP and UDP network connectivity
- Restore TCP/IP, UDP, and DT18 network connection on relaunch
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- MacOS Catalina/Big Sur compatibility
- More efficient 64bit code base
- Modernized User Interface
- Faster clip and playlist load times
- Support for h.265/HEVC codec
- Better support for .mp4 container files
- Dark mode support
- Audio level meter not currently functional
- “Duplicate Clip” not currently functional (Workaround: Load a clip again)
- “Save As” not currently functional (Workaround: Save show file, duplicate in Finder and rename)
- Fade In for still images not currently functional
- Still images will not display in Preview after a show file has been saved
- Extended looping (5+ hours) of a 200+ clip playlist may result in the interface becoming unresponsive
- Use smaller playlists, playback performance is better with less than 100 minutes of content
Download Internet Activated (IA) Version
X beta versions and all prior Playback Pro Plus versions use the same license code. For testing, we recommend you activate and release your license when you are going back and forth between any PlaybackPro Plus version. You can also download the demo version (under the “License Free Testing” section on this page) to avoid having to manage your license while testing.
- Open your existing install of PlaybackPro Plus
- Go to the Application menu (to the left of the File Menu), select “Manage Licenses”
- Store the serial number. A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits with dashes in-between.
- Click on “Release License”. The system will report when the license has been successfully released and available to activate on another system.
- Download the PlaybackPro Plus X IA beta 3 version from this page
- Launch PlaybackPro Plus X IA beta 3 and activate it
Download USB Enabler Key Version
- Attach your USB Enabler key to the computer.
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X beta 3.
- Select “New Show” from the Application Control window.
- **IMPORTANT** Reinstall the USB Enabler key driver. The USB Enabler key will not be recognized by the application and a dialog box will appear providing 3 options, “Run As Demo”, “Key Inserted” and, Install Key Driver. Select the third option, “Install Key Driver”, and complete the driver installation process.
- When the driver is installed the USB Enabler key will be recognized by PlaybackPro Plus beta 3 and it will no longer be in Demo mode.
Download Demo and License-Free Testing Mode
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X beta 3
- Click the “New Show” button
- When a dialog box appears click on “Run as Demo”
- The application is fully functional but will have a watermark on the fullscreen output
- Hardware: A modern multi-core Intel or Apple Silicone Mac
- MacOS: Catalina (10.15.7) or greater
- File Codec: h.265/HEVC, h.264, AppleProRes 422
- File Container: .mov or .mp4
- Attach an external monitor
- If using a desktop system, use two monitors (one for the interface, one for the fullscreen output). If a second output isn’t available, the Program section of PlaybackPro Plus X shows what would be displayed on the output.