Thank you for your interest in downloading the PlaybackPro Plus X Release Candidate. Below are important instructions for using the Release Candidate with existing licenses. If you do not have a license or you would like to test on a system without a license please follow the instructions for the “Demo mode.”
What’s New in Release Candidate 1.1
- Duplicate Clip re-implemented
- Minor bug fixes
What’s New in Beta 7
- Fixed a bug where selecting End All with a 0 duration could cause the interface to become unstable
- Fixed a bug where you could unfreeze still images when using Edit Multiple
What’s New in Beta 6
- Slates and previews for still images are now displayed correctly
What’s New in Beta 5
- Disabled interface elements that should be unavailable for still images
What’s New in Beta 4
- Significant playback engine improvements and bug fixes, especially related to linking and looping
- Improvements to still images including ability to fade in/out
- MacOS Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey compatibility
- More efficient 64bit code base
- Modernized User Interface
- Faster clip and playlist load times
- Support for h.265/HEVC codec
- Better support for .mp4 container files
- Dark mode support
- Audio level meter not currently functional
- “Save As” not currently functional (Workaround: Save show file, duplicate in Finder and rename)
Download Internet Activated (IA) Version
PlaybackPro Plus X Release Candidate and all prior Playback Pro Plus versions use the same license code. For testing, we recommend you activate and release your license when you are going back and forth between any PlaybackPro Plus version. You can also download the demo version (under the “License Free Testing” section on this page) to avoid having to manage your license while testing.
- Open your existing install of PlaybackPro Plus
- Go to the Application menu (to the left of the File Menu), select “Manage Licenses”
- Store the serial number (you can copy it from the Activation panel.) A DT Videolabs serial number will always be 4 sets of 8 digits with dashes in-between.
- Click on “Release License”. The system will report when the license has been successfully released and available to activate on another system.
- Important – Select Clear Info
- Download the PlaybackPro Plus X IA Release Candidate from the link below
- Launch PlaybackPro Plus X IA and activate it
- After the Release Candidate is running properly, delete any previous beta versions and empty your trash
Download USB Enabler Key Version
- Attach your USB Enabler key to the computer.
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X beta 7.
- Select “New Show” from the Application Control window.
- **IMPORTANT** Reinstall the USB Enabler key driver. The USB Enabler key will not be recognized by the application and a dialog box will appear providing 3 options, “Run As Demo”, “Key Inserted” and, Install Key Driver. Select the third option, “Install Key Driver”, and complete the driver installation process.
- When the driver is installed the USB Enabler key will be recognized by PlaybackPro Plus beta 7 and it will no longer be in Demo mode.
Download Demo and License-Free Testing Mode
- Download and launch the USB version of PlaybackPro Plus X beta 7
- Click the “New Show” button
- When a dialog box appears click on “Run as Demo”
- The application is fully functional but will have a watermark on the fullscreen output
- Hardware: A modern multi-core Intel or Apple Silicone Mac
- MacOS: Catalina (10.15.7) or greater
- File Codec: h.265/HEVC, h.264, AppleProRes 422
- File Container: .mov or .mp4
- Attach an external monitor
- If using a desktop system, use two monitors (one for the interface, one for the fullscreen output). If a second output isn’t available, the Program section of PlaybackPro Plus X shows what would be displayed on the output.