|Professional Media Playback|
PlaybackPro Plus drives professional, high-definition, nonlinear media playback to the next level. Live event experts will benefit immediately from a mixer for crossfades and direct cuts between clips, support for still images and available remote control over Ethernet. Like PlaybackPro, it far surpasses the limitations of legacy technologies like DDRs, DVD players and video tape machines, streamlining digital workflows.
PlaybackPro Plus is the expansion of the core PlaybackPro feature set and includes a mixer for crossfades and direct cuts between clips, support for still images and remote control over ethernet. It makes professional media playback on a Mac quick and simple. Using the same high-end Apple media engine as PlaybackPro, PlaybackPro Plus has been optimized to play virtually any modern Mac file type. The familiar and intuitive interface allows the user to rapidly add media, organize and play clips, set transition times, apply custom settings and save runlists for instant recall, all without altering the original files. The expanded yet flexible show controls allow users to quickly gain confidence and proficiency with the nonlinear function of PlaybackPro Plus.
Remote control and multi-sync video rolls are possible with PlaybackPro Plus. Using TCP, UDP or SimpleSync protocol options, a remote system can send commands over an ethernet network to control many functions within PlaybackPro Plus. A complete list of commands is available in the PlaybackPro Plus user guide.
Like PlaybackPro, automatic output resolution and aspect ratio functions are built-in, with real-time manual adjustments available for sizing, stretching and cropping, as well as gain, saturation, gamma, black levels and volume.
Connecting a PlaybackPro Plus system is simple, too. By using modern Apple video adapters or third party converters, a Mac easily connects with high-resolution monitors, video walls, video projectors and professional switchers.
- Nonlinear media playback
- Play virtually any modern Mac file type
- Clip ordering and playlisting, printable to paper and PDF
- Resolution agnostic – SD, HD, 4K and beyond. Ideal for use in ultra-widescreen applications
- Frame rate agnostic
- Crossfade or cut between clips
- Use still images
- Remote control over ethernet
- Automatic output resolution and aspect ratio settings
- Infinite image adjustability through sizing, stretching and cropping
- Complete adjustment controls for individual clip gain levels, black levels, saturation, gamma and volume
- Looping for individual clips or entire playlist
- In-point and out-point markers
- Custom Fade In and Fade Out settings
- Time-elapsed and Time-remaining counters
- Selectable slate image for quick visual clip identification
- Goto 10, Goto 20 and Goto 30 buttons for cue-to-cue rehearsals
- Easy interfacing with high-resolution switchers via VGA, DVI, HDMI or SDI*
*HD-SDI connections require 3rd party converters like BlackMagic Design or AJA mini converters. Video output devices like UltraStudio or T-Tap products are not compatible with PlaybackPro or PlaybackPro Plus.
Due to the broad range of systems and media encoding formats we prefer to list recommended specifications likely for successful playback. Recommendations are for 1920 x 1080 resolution or lower.
- CPU: Quad core or better
- Graphics: Dedicated (AMD or Nvidia) with at least 512 MB of video RAM
- System RAM: 4+ GB
- Internal PCIe Flash storage
- SSD external drive connected via Thunderbolt or USB3
- 7200 RPM drives connected via USB3 or Thunderbolt
- NOTE: Apple Fusion drive is NOT recommended
- OS X 10.6 – 10.10
- Recommended Codecs:
- ApplePro Res 422 (standard)
- H.264 encoded with variable bit rate between 15-30 Mbps
- QuickTime components:
- 3rd party QuickTime components like Flip4Mac for .WMV encoded files may be added to a system to allow for expanded playback options however it is still advisable to stay with the recommended
|Non Linear Playback|
|Play Most Modern Mac File Types|
|Create, Save and Print Playlist|
|Mixed Resolutions - SD, HD, 4K and beyond|
|Mixed Frame Rates|
|Automatic Output and Aspect Ratio Settings|
|Image Sizing, Stretching and Cropping|
|Clip Looping and Linking|
|In and Out Markers|
|Custom Fade In and Out Times|
|Custom Clip Attributes (Saturation, Gain etc.)|
|Crossfade or Cut Between Clips|
|Use Still Images|
|Remote Control Over Ethernet|
|Custom Gamma Settings|
The Demo download of PlaybackPro Plus is fully functional with the exception of a watermark on the full screen output. It is generally used for testing the application or for setting up a show offline.
For best results when testing:
- If using a laptop, plug in an external monitor
- A modern multi-core Intel-based Macintosh is recommended
- If using a desktop system, use two monitors (one for the interface, one for the output). If a second output isn’t available, the Program section of PlaybackPro Plus shows what would be displayed on the output
- Although PlaybackPro Plus scales to most modern hardware — the more disk bandwidth, processing power and graphics processing — the better
- Running other applications simultaneously may cause the OS to use virtual memory and could potentially impact performance
- PlaybackPro Plus uses the QuickTime Framework, and is therefore extensible by using third party QuickTime components (i.e. use Flip4Mac component for .WMV playback)
In an effort to provide flexible purchasing options for our customers worldwide, we have selected the online store Kagi to manage our transactions. Although we provide the products and support, billing is handled by Kagi. This will appear on your transaction receipts. For sales assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (602) 687-8507.
DT Videolabs offers two license options, a USB Enabler key (dongle) license for the PlaybackPro Collection and Internet Activated (IA) serial code licenses for individual applications or the PlaybackPro Collection. All licenses are single seat but may be moved as needed. For more licensing information please visit our licensing page.