The PlaybackPro Collection includes the following applications: PlaybackPro, PlaybackPro Plus, RecordPro, InstaCue, SimpleSync and SpeakerTimerPro. All require a Macintosh computer running Leopard 10.5 or newer. PlaybackPro requires a quartz extreme capable graphics card. 3GB of RAM or more is recommended.
Without a PlaybackPro Collection Enabler Key, all applications will run in Demo mode. The Demo mode is fully functional with the exception of a watermark on the video and/or audio output. Demo mode is generally used for setting up a show off-line or testing the application.
For best results when testing the PlaybackPro Collection:
- If using a laptop, plug in an external monitor.
- A modern multi-core Intel-based Macintosh is recommended.
- If using a desktop system, use two monitors (one for the interface, one for the output). If a second output isn’t available, the Program section of PlaybackPro (Plus) shows what would be displayed on the output.
- Although the PlaybackPro Collection scales to any hardware -- the more disk bandwidth, processing power and graphics processing you can allocate -- the better.
- Running other applications simultaneously may cause the OS to use virtual memory and could potentially impact performance.
- The PlaybackPro Collection uses the QuickTime Framework, and is therefore extensible by using third party QuickTime components (i.e. use Flip4Mac component for .WMV playback).